It sounds like the internal memory of your device is almost full. The good news is that you can delete some "extra" files that are on your device to make space for the firmware update. These consist of Voice files in languages you don't use, images, etc.
Please follow the instructions below and then try your firmware update again. But please be VERY CAREFUL to only delete the files you don't need, and nothing else.
You can delete Voice files, Text files, Help files, Vehicle icons, and JPEG picture files from your automotive Garmin unit to free up some space in the unit's internal memory:
- Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable.
- Open the My Computer / Computer icon from your Desktop or the Start menu. (Mac users can skip this step.)
- Right-click on the Garmin drive shown in Devices with Removable Storage. (Mac users can find the Garmin drive mounted on the Desktop.)
- Click Open.
- Double-click on the Garmin folder (Note: Some units do not require this step.)
- Double-click on the Voice, Text, Help, Vehicle, or JPEG folder.
- Click on the file you would like to delete.
- Press the Delete key on your computer keyboard. (Mac users need to drag the file to the Trash and then empty the Trash).
- You may be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the file.
- Select Yes to confirm.
After deleting some of the Voice, Text, Help, Vehicle, and JPEG picture files, you will now have more room available on your automotive GPS unit.
Note: Please keep the files that you will need. For example, if you use the American English voice files, be sure to keep the files that are named American English.
Please let me know your results as there may be more steps needed.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX