Andy, Elec. Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.
16465236

my nextar gps has stopped navigating and talking it started

Customer Question

my nextar gps has stopped navigating and talking it started when traveling in the mountains. what can I do to get it working right?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

First connect the GPS to your computer using the cable that came with it. Then see if it makes any difference. If it does, then you know that car charger has issues or the car plug isnt giving right output.

Since the operating system and navigation software are preloaded into the internal flash memory of the GPS, the freezing may either be software or hardware failure.

First, press the "Reset" button or push the stylus into the "Reset" hole, to see if the navigation software can load successfully.

[Reference : Nextar]

If the program still does not load, then the software may be corrupted. Also, if the internal memory fails to read or write and the software cannot load properly, it may be caused by hardware failure.

Nextar no longer provides support for its products in US region and so the only option you have is to buy a new gps unit. I would recommend a Tomtom or Garmin.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Andy,

Where can I find the reset on my GPS my model is the one with the back up camera and the only hole that I see is on the bottom of the unit and it is about the diameter of a paperclip nothing with reset labeled.

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the hole that is of size of a paperclip would be the one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Andy nothing has worked to reset my GPS it is still not working.