jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician
Experience:  I have worked for the USAF in electronics for the past 8 yrs. I have an AA degree in Electronic Systems Technology.
60271965

Just back from a run. Garmin Forerunner 110 working but went

Just back from a run. Garmin Forerunner 110 working but went blank and stayed that way when I connected it to the computer. No response from any button on it!
Category: GPS
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Josh. How old is this unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
About 8 months
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like you have a defective battery. Let's see if we can get it to do anything.

First, press and hold Page + Lap buttons to soft reset the unit.

If that does not work, then with the watch off, press and hold Lap/Reset and the Light buttons simultaneously. The watch should prompt you if you want to erase your data.

If those two do not work, I suggest sending it back to Garmin for a free repair since it is under warranty. The instructions are at this link.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing worked! Hope I can find the paperwork I got when I bought it so I can send it back. Thanks for trying.
G.
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
You should be able to contact them if you can't find paperwork and give them product information and they can look it up for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry Josh,
I accepted an earlier answer and paid and tipped you, as I was not expecting another reply! Can you get me out of the chain without having to pay again?
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
Yes and thank you for the accept and tip!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do I do to get out of the chain? The only option I seem to have is to pay again!
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
I will close the question here. Just ignore the email and it will be updated soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just tried the light/lap combination again and it worked!! Can I up your tip without paying again?
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 5 years ago.
I think so. If it double pays, I'll make sure you get a refund.