jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician
Experience:  I have worked for the USAF in electronics for the past 8 yrs. I have an AA degree in Electronic Systems Technology.
60271965

Hi I am a garmin Nuvi 205 and the touch screen is not working

Hi I am a garmin Nuvi 205 and the touch screen is not working at all. I have tried to recalibrate it but the dot does not appear as the screen is not working.
Category: GPS
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 3 years ago.

jjjjm2011 :

Hi my name is Josh

jjjjm2011 :

How long have you had this unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I have had it for 2 years but I have not really used it for a year as I only used it when I was in the states but I have no moved to NZ and just bought a map for here
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 3 years ago.
Let's start with a reset.

The reset button on your nuvi will switch the device off. The reset button can be used to switch your device off if the screen is frozen and you are unable to switch the device off by the power button.

To reset a nuvi 200 series:

1. Look at the bottom of the device
  2. Locate the small circle with a dot inside
  3. Touch the circle to reset the device.

Now let's do a software update. If you haven't already, please download WebUpdater at this link. After the download, connect the unit to the computer and open WebUpdater. This program will update your software and maps. If those two do not help, let me know and we will try something else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
already have done this still nothing
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately, its a hardware failure and your unit needs to be repaired by Garmin. So you will have to send it to Garmin and they will charge you a flat rate to repair the unit for you.
Please click here : LINK on instructions about how to send it for repair.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks...I will see if there is a service here in NZ or OZ as shipping to the states will take time and money
Expert:  jjjjm2011 replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good, sorry there wasn't a better result.
jjjjm2011, Technician
Experience: I have worked for the USAF in electronics for the past 8 yrs. I have an AA degree in Electronic Systems Technology.