n55w131
n55w131, Technician
Experience:  I am experienced in the installation, repair and maintenance of Handheld, Marine, and Automotive GPS
60672055

On a recent trip my tomtom stopped talking . the map was stillthere

Customer Question

On a recent trip my tomtom stopped talking . the map was stillthere and is tracking. How do I get the voice back?????
Category: GPS
Expert:  n55w131 replied 3 years ago.

n55w131 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can try to answer any question(s) you may have.

n55w131 :

Can you please tell me which model your tomtom is, thanks,

Customer:

TOMTOM ONE

n55w131 :

Hi, you mentioned that you tried hooking up your unit and it did not start tomtom home?

n55w131 :

I'd like for you to please re-install the tomtom home software so we can get your unit connected. Home is a utility to manange your GPS including the voice files. So lets see if we can get it working. Please follow this link to download and install home.

n55w131 :

Once home is installed on your computer connect the tomtom as see if home will start.

n55w131 :

While you are waiting for the download and installation, could you please turn on your tomtom, navigate from main menu to preferences, tap voices, tap change voice, select a voice from the available list, and then navigate baclk to the preferences then tap change prefernces, volume preferences, adjust the volume to high and tap test and tell me if the voice was audible. Thanks.

Customer:

Yes it worked thank you Pat

Customer:

yes it worked thank you pat

n55w131, Technician
Experience: I am experienced in the installation, repair and maintenance of Handheld, Marine, and Automotive GPS
Expert:  n55w131 replied 3 years ago.
I hope I have answered your question(s) - Please press the accept button and leave me positive feedback and I'll do the same for you, Thanks - Also if you feel I have done an exceptional job you can also add a bonus - In the event you are not happy or did not get your question(s) answered, I strive to achieve 100 percent satisfaction so please let me know and I will attempt to fix any concerns you have.