Andy, Elec. Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.

My Magellan Roadmate GPS quit working, is there a subscription

My Magellan Roadmate GPS quit working, is there a subscription service I am suppose to subscribe to?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

It is possible that the fuse in the car charger has blown or the car female plug has issue and so its not charging your device.

You can confirm this by connecting it to your computer using the USB cord and charing it for 6-7 hours (running computer) and then try to start it.

Also, try to plug in your gps to some other car (using current charger) and see if it works there. If it does, then you know that its your car's issue.

The USB cable will look like this :

View Full Image
Now, if you confirm that your car charger as well as car plug is fine, then your Gps has hardware issues and needs repair. If in warranty Magellan will repair it for free. Else first take a quote from them as it might be cheaper to buy a new unit.

You need to contact Magellen at Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.