Andy, Elec. Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.
16465236

My Tom Tom wont stay on the map screen, it jumps to other

Customer Question

My Tom Tom won't stay on the map screen,
Category: GPS
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

What is make n model of the gps

When did you buy this gps and since when are you facing this issue

Did it happen after you tried to do an update, etc

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mod. XL340. SER. JB5399104455. The problem started when I down oladed the up-date. It jumps from screen to screen and won't stop. What can I do?. Purchased April of 2010.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would like to know what to do to fix this problem or do I have a defective unit. It still should be under warranty. Please advise. thanks.

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Please reset your TomTom device, do the following:
  1. Check that the battery is charged properly.
    Charge your device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on again. Make sure the charging light on your device is on.

2. Reset your device.
    Press and hold the On/Off button until your device restarts. This takes at least 15 to 20 seconds.

Let me know result.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have reset this many time and it still does not work. How do I get this unit replaced under warranty? This unit is defective and is the second unit I have had. If you can not be of help, I feel this unit should be replaced. The up greads do not work and is what started the problem I have not had this unit for two years. It is still under warranty. I have been working on sense April of this year. Please give a phone number to contact for help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have resett this many times and still have the problem. The battery has been on the charger for more the five hr. This probel happends when on long road trips. Mostly when I get near a city. also when I'm out of a city. The only time I use this is on road trips.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hi

To get it repaired / replaced under warranty, Please call : call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)
If you are not in US let me know.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.