Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

My interior lights do not shut off when I am driving. Not

Customer Question

My interior lights do not shut off when I am driving.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2015 GMC Denali
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying, I have checked to door switches, the on/off switch in the truck for headlamps and the dimming switch for the cab lights, they all seem to be fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by a shorted wire.If you had any repairs done recently or any after market components installed this may have shorted a wire to ground to turn on the lights like this here and the repair or installation needs checked for any issues.If nothing has been done to cause this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete