DoctorD
DoctorD, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, AAA State 1st place, Rotary Club, 20 years Exp.
5480360

Ac light flashes 3 times then shuts off, A/C button to turn

Customer Question

ac light flashes 3 times then shuts off
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: A/C button to turn on the A/C. Flashes yellow 3 times and goes out. No cold air blowing.
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2014 Acadia
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, just started happening.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Temp gauge has dropped to 160 even though car is at running temp(200-210)
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  DoctorD replied 12 days ago.

I would bet this attached bulletin is your situation. Are you still under warranty?

~Have them conduct this bulletin.

Expert:  DoctorD replied 11 days ago.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
Thank you for the bulletin. I finally had a chance to look into this. Vehicle is outside of warranty, so trying to figure out myself before bringing to dealer. I not exactly sure where this wire is located. The photo isn't clear what panels in car to remove. If it's the panels in back of vehicle near the roof, what about the small airbag compartments located those panels. Also, when found how is the LAN wire fixed, just tape like a regular wire.
Thanks