tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience
22815973

I have my iphone 6plus connected to my 2015 GMC Terrain and

Customer Question

I have my iphone 6plus connected to my 2015 GMC Terrain and the other day when I left work the radio was playing then all of a sudden the screen showed it was dialing my phone and then it would show it was dialing my voicemail. Strange thing is that my phone was asleep and the bluetooth was not connected to the terrain. I took it to the local shop and it was too late in the day for them to look at. Scheduled an appointment and of course they could not find anything then.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Came with the car.
JA: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since my local shop could not re-create the incident I am doing nothing until it happens again. Just wondering if it is my issue or has it happened to others. It was for a couple of days that even when I would receive a text message the screen was not right. It would just say "Text Message" and not who it was from. It called my voicemail or my number at least 14 times in my*****home.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  tech0405 replied 1 month ago.

You more then likely have a issue with the intellilink radio on your vehicle these are common to have issues like this , you more then likely will need a software update to your radio , only service facility that can do this is the GMC dealer at times they wont do much unless they duplicate the concerns but ask them if they are willing to update the software in the radio . If your out of warranty they may charge you minimal fee to have this done . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided thank you