Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

I have A GMC Canyon 2.9 Vin#1GTCS199388216002 & the issue

Customer Question

I have A GMC Canyon 2.9 Vin#1GTCS199388216002 & the issue with this vehicle is that it will start to cut off when the temperature quake reaches the middle. I looked at data and everything looks except my Load PID it stay at about 25% idling & all of a sudden you see it jump to over 80% percent & it'll cut off. I scanned for codes & they are as follows P0172, P0506, P1174, P2430 & P2431. But I just cleared & they don't come right back
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases an issue like this here can be caused by a fault with the throttle body itself needing replaced.I have seen several throttle body failures in the past before cause this fault needing replaced.I would have the codes diagnosed to see if this is the cause here for sure and to see if any other components need repaired or replaced for this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete