Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Strange radio and/or ignition problem

Customer Question

Strange radio and/or ignition problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio installed in my 2007.5 GMC 2500HD. It has started exhibiting some strange behavior. It will sometimes not turn on when the truck ignition is turned on. It will some times turn off when driving and sometimes turn itself back on too.It will sometimes not turn off when the truck is turned off and the door is openend. (but the dash and lights will turn off as expected). Sometimes (but not always) it will turn off after the ignition is off and the door is opened if I put the key back into in the ignition.It will sometimes work exactly as expect, on with the ignition, off with the ignition off and door opened. It was working normally before. Just today, which driving normally, I heard a single "bong" through the radio as you might here when putting the key in the ignition or forgetting to put on a seat belt. (but only a single bong, not multiple). Happend twice.The ignition in this truck is about a year old. (just the mechanical parts, no electrical parts).
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe something to do with electrical on the ignition?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel this question
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 1 month ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/a1jnb-strange-radio-and-or-ignition-problem.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do you understand wire diagrams and wire testing with a volt ohm meter?