sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Went to pick up my 2006 H3 from having a NewRockies bypass

Customer Question

Hi......Went to pick up my 2006 H3 from having a NewRockies bypass module put on due to the security system locking me out. Truck will not shift out of first gear.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I expect the trans is actually n limp in. If the trans controller sees an issue that will prevent proper operation or if the trans controller isn't operational then it will stay in a single gear.

The first step in diagnosing the problem would be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if the trans controller communicates and then what fault codes are set if so. Do you have a scan tool or code reader?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, I do not but I can pass this off to my mechanic. The one that put the module on. I feel its his place to make it right considering the truck was drivable when I dropped it off.......Whats the best was to put him in contact with you?
I can communicate through this question page.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
John, Ive paid this GM mechanic to help you figure out what is going on with the truck. Please communicate with him and keep me posted. Any problems with doing so call me ASAP.......Im sure you have my number but here it is again..215-5102
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 days ago.

I'm not John nor am I able to talk on the phone. If you've conversed with someone else on the site over the phone I will no longer be able to help.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
John is my mechanic and he was suppose to chat with you. You stated he could communicate with you from here. I thought maybe he was reading this and I was trying to pass it off to him. Your the only person Ive chatted with on this site.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 days ago.

I assume you've given your account information to whoever is working on the vehicle in person? There haven't been any other posts to the page.