K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive technology. 15+ years in the automotive field
68360881

Like to know is it all right to replace my head light plug

Customer Question

like to know is it all right to replace my head light plug to a h-4 plug, it has a high and low beam the replacement plug has 3 wires on it . can i just wire the 3 all together, the old plug has 2 wires to each slot, will this work or will have problems i just got in some h-4 head light 4 x6 it a up grade but the plugs or dreff it said on ebay they will fit 1994 gmc sonomer.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 11 days ago.

Hello, it's fine to change over tho the H4 plug. You'll need to keep the wires the same as far as the number of wires in each slot. If you click here you'll see how the wires should be connected, compare your plug to the H4 plug in the picture. If I can help further just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok so no relay needed, or there be no flicker on and off etc i got them off of ebay they said they will fit but when with to put them on the plugs were deff lol, they or the 4x6 metal crystal projection h-4 super white #138. so no over heating blowing fuse if they or correct install on plug right. i just have to go buy a h-4 plug.

That's right, they'll run fine without the relay harness as long as they are not the 100 watt off road h4 bulbs. I have done this conversion on one of my own S10 trucks and it's been trouble free for a few years now.

They are a big improvement over the old sealed beams, you'll be really happy with this swap.