Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali and I'm wondering if the timing

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali and I'm wondering if the timing is thrown off because I was recently working on my truck and I remove the belt once I did that I I turn the camshaft pulley by hand a few times in an attempt to remove it not realizing that I may have to change the timing on the engine when I replace the belt I was getting a hard start condition on the truck after changing the camshaft position sensor the truck now starts fine but there is a loud roaring sound while stepping on the gas just was wondering is it possible that I may have need to readjust the alignment of the timing or will the sensor do that automatically?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- you are off timing , you need to timing it again

Important: ^ Properly locate the CMP actuator onto the locating pin of the camshaft. ^ The sprocket teeth and timing chain teeth must mesh. ^ The camshaft and the crankshaft sprocket alignment MUST be aligned properly. ^ Do not use the CMP solenoid valve again. Install a NEW CMP valve during assembly. Identify the alignment hole (1) in the rear face of the CMP actuator and the locating pin (2) on the front face of he camshaft.

Zoom and Print Options

Align the CMP actuator so the timing mark is in the 6 o'clock position.
Install the CMP actuator (235) and timing chain (208). Align the hole in the face of the CMP actuator with the locating pin on the front face of the camshaft.

Zoom and Print Options

Caution: Do not push or pull on the reluctor wheel of the camshaft position (CMP) actuator during removal or installation. The reluctor wheel is retained to the front of the CMP actuator by 3 roll pins. Pushing or pulling on the wheel may dislodge the wheel from the front of the actuator. The actuator return spring is under tension and may rotate the dislodged reluctor wheel, causing personal injury.

Use care to install the actuator completely onto the front of the camshaft. Position your fingers onto the face of the actuator sprocket and push the actuator onto the front of the camshaft. Never push on the reluctor wheel when attempting to install the actuator.

Zoom and Print Options

Place a straight edge across the front face of the engine block and inspect for proper installation of the CMP actuator and timing chain. With the CMP actuator properly and completely installed onto the front of the camshaft, the timing chain will not protrude beyond the front face of the engine block.

Zoom and Print Options

Install a NEW CMP actuator valve (234). With the CMP actuator properly positioned onto the camshaft, the CMP actuator solenoid valve can be threaded completely into the camshaft using light hand pressure. Tighten by hand until snug.

Zoom and Print Options

Inspect the sprockets for proper alignment. The mark on the CMP (1) actuator sprocket should be located in the 6 o'clock position and the mark on the crankshaft sprocket (2) should be located in the 12 o'clock position.

Zoom and Print Options

Remove the EN 46330.

Zoom and Print Options

Tighten the CMP actuator solenoid valve.
1. Tighten the bolt a first pass to 65 N.m (48 lb ft).
2. Tighten the bolt a final pass an additional 90 degrees using J 45059.

Zoom and Print Options

Remove the J 42386-A (1) and bolts.

Timing Component Alignment Marks (LY6/L76/L92)

timing marks

or are you talking about the crankshaft pulley you took off or the camshaft up top, what were you doing to it before this happened

timing

is there a check engine light on?

did you scan it & retrieve fault codes?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No dtc's but I'm thinking it maybe be a possible vaccum leak because of a roaring type of sound.I had the transmission recently replaced maybe they forgot to reconnect something.I don't expect you to answer today. Enjoy!
Happy thanksgiving
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 16 days ago.

yes it is very possible ,I will have that check ,also for sure

defeintley it does make like humming /roaring sound that kind increase the faster you go 'i agree on that being vacuum leak

Well I seen your reply :) and waiting on the turkey to get done , and I always try to reply as fast as i can even if it is holiday for my members ,why not :)

Thank you for the compliment

HAPPY THANKS GIVING FOR YOU TO MAN & YOUR FAMILY

HOPEFULLY THIS COMING YEAR WILL BE GOOD ON ALL OF US :)

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat