Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

No power to driver side door. and makes a constant clicking

Customer Question

no power to driver side door. and makes a constant clicking noise from the window switch
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistant. can't control anything from drivers door also heated seat light is on. key fob locks all doors but driver side
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2011 acadia denali
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses, relay. had a diagnostic run but no reading available on driver door. got a brand new window switch with no change
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 26 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 26 days ago.

do you have a good multi meter on hand ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
no voltmeter, do you think it could be the wiring harness in the door
Expert:  Gary replied 26 days ago.

it could be

it is either the power or ground b ad to the drivers switch or the communication wire possibly bad

if the big red/white wire shows 12 volts with the key ON and the bid black is a good ground then that new switch was not programmed yet with a programming scan tool or the communication wires are bad to it

was the new switch programmed with a programming scan tool to the vehicles VIN number ?

it will not work without the programming installed in the new switch

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 23 days ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here