Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have an 06 GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 6.0 it has 150000

Customer Question

I have an 06 GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 6.0 it has 150000 miles on it. It has been a faithful champ no problems.drove 30 miles to work other day when I slowed down to turn in it sputtered and went to running like crap.Fuel pressure was low replaced fuel pump assembly still rough, scanner said misfire on 8,7,5 replaced coils,plugs,wires cleaned throttle body changed oil air filter and made sure may was clear still runs bad divorce took a lot of money can't afford to get new one afraid to drive it to work help please!
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like you took care of most of the causes of a stumble or misfire already. At this point how is the truck running? Are you getting any more trouble codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dog jumped up knocked scanner off seat broken! Runs better but still sounds like shit. Didn't drive it no point in it. Smooths out after 1500 dead miss below that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't get any if truck won't run! Going to hitch a ride live in remote area.
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

It sort of sounds like you may have a couple of dead lifters. The lifters on these engines tend to go bad fairly often. It's hard to say without more info though.

I think we'll need the trouble codes to know what's going on.