sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2012 gmc sierra 2500hd denali 6.0l flex and when I

Customer Question

I have a 2012 gmc sierra 2500hd denali 6.0l flex and when I press down hard on the pedal (fast accelerating) it cuts out like 2-4 times and theres a lost of power, it's like the injectors or the fuel line is clogged. how do I fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It gives a dtc code p101 mass/volume air flow circ range/perf.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The engine is most likely losing power or going into limp in due to the mass airflow sensor issue. This code may be caused by the sensor itself, wiring, or a leak in the intake tract. The sensor itself would be the most likely cause.

Has anything been done to try to diagnose it?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have attached the dtc codes it is giving, and I have trouble shooted both sensors (ie: disconnected and examined for any corrosion etc and wiring and all looks good I did however come across a loose positive connection to the battery and tightened it. Runs substantially better but check engine light still comes on and the attached pic of codes is what I get.

If you clear the codes, drive the truck and allow the problem to happen do both codes set again?