Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

09 Yukon won't start, Seems like I've checked everything

Customer Question

09 Yukon won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Seems like I've checked everything connections fuel pumps making sound the fuel pressure tester going about 80 psi there's a hole like and it's trying to turn over its trying to crank it will start with starting fluid but not any other way and I automatically there is no fuse for a fuel pump relay never has been I don't know if it's an ICM problem or PCM problem or ignition switch but the check engine lights on it hasn't thrown any codes on the OBD2 put a brand new battery in it
JA: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had my mechanic look at it and he's a Certified mechanic but I'm at wasn't at the shop I don't have enough money right now and are you going to tow it so I mean I don't even know if my warranty would cover it or not
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have any money that I can use to talk to the mechanic
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Brand new battery checked all connections checked all fuses check fuel pump check fuel pressure try to check the ignition switch the vets security isn't flashing on my Dash it's just my check engine lights on and OBD2 on it no codes came up for little bit of fuel in it just to see the turnover it did and I'd automatically there's no relay for the fuel pump there's a spot for it but there's never been one in it fuel pressure is hitting 80 psi when cranking don't really know what else to do only has a hundred and ten thousand miles on it I'm the second owner and there's plenty of fuel and had a half tank when this happened
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.