Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

We are an automobile dealership with an 08 acadia code c0561

Customer Question

HI, we are an automobile dealership with an 08 acadia code c0561 and with a scan tool and all-data we are having trouble pinpointing or finding the exact cause and repair for this car. ours is the serial data wrong co5621
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: we dont have a gm scanner but do have a good scan tool
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, check grounds and connectors, we are not sure what is sending the wrong data
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting any other symptoms along with the c0561? Most of the time when I see this code it is usually just indicating a problem with another system.

Does your scan tool read fuel trims?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we do have a scanner that will read that, but the code c0561 - 071 is for serial # read error telling us a problem with ecbm, tcm, ecm, bcm etc. something like that.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Several modules can send data messages to the Electronic Brake Traction Control Module (EBTCM) making it turn on the traction control and/or stabilitrac lights. I always treat this C0561 code like it is another module telling the EBTCM there is a problem somewhere else.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Hook the scan tool up and look for high or low fuel trims. Anything higher than 10 or lower than -10.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you, ***** ***** ready did this and it is correct,
we would like to just end now and get our refund, nothing personal, but we are not satisfied and would like the refund. Thank you
Allen