Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Service Ride Control" message is showing. Noticed compressor

Customer Question

Service Ride Control" message is showing. Noticed compressor doesn't come on when I load the vehicle. For starters, is there a fuse I can check to see if its something that simple?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes, one is under driver dash and one under hood, I think. Im currently not near the vehicle.
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2005 Yukon Denali
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm fairly mechanically savvy if it doesn't get too complicated or involve tools I don't have.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You need a scan tool, you will have codes in the air ride system that is causing the light on the dash to come on.

The most common cause for this problem is a faulty air compressor. It is located on the drivers side behind the rear wheel. This could also be a level sensor issue. There is a fuse under the hood to check, it should be labeled air compressor. You will need to check for voltage at the compressor. I can send you the factory diagram for this circuit if you would like.