Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Both the mirror covers on the sun visors on my 98 gmc

Customer Question

Both the mirror covers on the sun visors on my 98 gmc suburban are broke. Is it possible to remove the old mirror housing and replace with a new one?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This may not be the info you wanted to hear here but unfortunately I have ran into this several times before and the only way to repair this is to replace the sun visors themselves.I have tried to remove the mirror housing but it usually becomes damaged or damages the visor itself.I know you can locate these used in places like Ebay or a salvage yard as a complete visor assembly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete