Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2008 gmc acadia with the dreaded sunroof leak, just bought

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. 2008 gmc acadia with the dreaded sunroof leak
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: just bought the car last week. I removed carpet as much as i could vaccumed it all up. then Removed a pillar and front portion of headliner (up to dvd player.)
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: then i took the drain plugs and poured water down seemed to drain fine. drilled out the cross hatches with a drill bit. yes maam
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically i want to drop the headliner (need instruction or haynes manual like instructions)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'll post the info below on dropping the headliner. If I can help further just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I replace the sunroof seal? (@$90); should I RTV the ditch molding area? (@$8); How do i drop the headliner in 2008 gmc acadia. I need better instructions then the ones that can be found on the internet which say "drop roof console assembly, drop lock pillar upper trim panel, etc.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K Wiggins that doesnt help me. Those labeled terms mean nothing. need something more specific. I found the same instructions already online. As for fixing the leak, what have consumers remarked as a success.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
For example what the heck is "remove the body lock upper trim panel" where is that, how big, clips? screws? bolts? compression fittings?....... the WORST descriptors and I'm a doctor and I see plenty of horrible explanations.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

New expert here. I can send more descriptive info on this headliner to your email. I have access to the factory service manual.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dan, I just paid $5 for what?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dan and K. Wiggins, I can get a year access to alldata for my car for $15. I refuse to see what knowledge I gained from spending $5?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OR that you want me to spend $10 more dollars