Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2008 Silverado 3500 that recently has intermittent

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Silverado 3500 that recently has intermittent problems with the large door speakers not working. The tweeters work all the time. It appears to be a bad connection somewhere because sometime a rough road will cause them to work.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not sure what to do or where to look for a bad pug or loose wire I had a local shop check but they couldn't find anything. I called Wright Chevrolet, (the dealer and they hadn't experienced the problem before. I also checked online at DANGEROUS URL REMOVED and typed in speaker problems and it appears there are other owners having the same problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a partially broken wire inside the rubber boot, going between the door and the body, it is very common for the wires to break in here, has this been checked yet?