TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

My dog chewed up two wires under the dash

Customer Question

my dog chewed up two wires under the dash
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** can I help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my dog chewed up two wires under the dash and now i have no power windows or power door locks they were plugged into something called a convienence center under the dash

Sorry to hear, hope the dog is ok. This sounds like a pretty simple repair. The two wires will have to be replaced / repaired. Is this a repair you will be completing yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here are two pictures to help you diagnose the issue, and yes i will be repairing this myself

Thanks for the pics. When the dog chewed them, did he pull them out of the convenience center?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
destroyed the proprietary connecters into shreds i have new connecters from gm

Ok got it. You need to find the locations in the convenience center for these two wires correct? I will look up some diagrams. I will be right back with you ok ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but have no idea wchich port they go in
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
take your time

ok. I'll be right back with you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i couldnt find any diagrams on google

Ok. I m not having much luck either due to the age of the vehicle. But, lets put this on hold for tonight if that's ok. I have more access to better catalogs at work. I will check them, find a diagram, and get back to you tomorrow night. Is that ok? I will keep the case open.

If I cannot find them at work, I will go to the library on my lunch hour and find the correct diagram.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sounds wonderful thank you so much!

I am so sorry to put this on hold. I hope this is ok. I just want to get the correct answer for you.

ok, great. I will reach out to you tomorrow evening. Thanks again.

Hi and thank you for your patience. I did locate some diagrams of the convenience center. However, all of the pictures and diagrams I located are quite vague. No wonder I struggled in my younger years as a technician lol. The diagrams do not show wiring color at all, that's what is confusing. If it were mine, I, personally, would go to a salvage yard and look at another same model vehicle's convenience center. That way you could see exactly where the wires go. I am really sorry I can't just say, yep the wires go here and here. I spent almost an hour at the library today scanning through old service manuals. This was a frustrating one because it SHOULD be such an easy answer, but I was amazed at the poor quality of the diagrams.