Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

2003 Yukon Denali - Interior lights won't go off and stay

2003 Yukon Denali - Interior lights won't go off and stay off. Open the drivers or driver side passenger door and the lights go out. Shut the door and in a few minutes the interior lights are on again.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

lets try something simple here.

use,WD40 and spay inside all the door latches the best you can,,then open and close the doors a few times to work the latches.

sometimes these latch switches can get dirty and corroded and stick,causing the problem with the lights..

let me know how it gos

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried spraying WD40 in both driver side doors latches. It appears the problem is with the driver side back door. I sprayed quite a bit in the latch up and down and directly in it. I can see the dome lights flicker just before they go out. The problem went away for a few minutes then came right back. Where is the switch located in the latch?

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttsr2kvo6dhs7ia/1018-yukon-Front%20Passenger%20Door.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ttsr2kvo6dhs7ia/1018-yukon-Front%20Passenger%20Door.doc?dl=0

.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tim, Now the interior lights won't come on at all since I sprayed WD40 in the latch on both driver side doors. What are my next steps? Fuse(s) perhaps? and where are they located?

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there.please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/362k3ovdgrbtj4q/1020-yukon-Location%20View.doc?dl=0

.

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/362k3ovdgrbtj4q/1020-yukon-Location%20View.doc?dl=0

.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I printed the documentation and I will look at it when I get home. Do you have the part number of the interior lights latch switch and do I have to get it at the dealer?

i dont have the part#,,and yes,,i would think you will need to get them at the dealer only

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tim. If I replace the door latch switch do I have to reprogram the Door Control Module, and if so do I need a special ODBII scan tool to do it like a GM Tech II?

no

these dont need programmed on a 03