Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Cruise Control doesn't work. The radio only plays to the

My Cruise Control doesn't work. The radio only plays to the 2 front dash speakers, no sound from all 4 door speakers. Time delay auto locks won't work. All 3 things stopped working at the same time?
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: 5.3. Which fuse?
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2008 GMC Serria
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, have just started looking through the internet for similar situations. Don't quite understand how all 3 are related?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It started about 2 weeks ago. Was very rainy. Then all 3 started working again. Then the next day they stopped working and haven't worked since.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • I am having a hard time connecting all 3 issues. So far this looks to be BCM related and a radio concern. Can you do diag with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced the brake light switch. That took care of the cruise problem. Works now. I don't think the 3 are related. Coincidence that the radio and the cruise went at the same time. The lock delay does chime. I just couldn't hear it because it goes through the radio speakers. The radio worked again last night for a while but not today. It sounds like the very small dash speakers are working but nothing in the door speakers. I am thinking it is the radio itself. I will pull the radio out this weekend. Any thoughts or experience the radios going out on the GMC pickups??

I have seen plenty of radio failures and not just GM related. At my dealer I bet we replace 3-4 radios a week.

If there is anything you need form me, let me know.