mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I read all of this topic, my problem is exactly same but i

Customer Question

i read all of this topic, my problem is exactly same but i just installed new motor and i rebuild transfer case, this problem just started after transfer case rebuild, i rebuild it just for no reason, new bearings and gasket kit, the the problem started, the shop already open the transfer case and say he can't find any problems with it, he recommend to buy new motor and i did, but the problem still there, the weels are locked and car can't move while turning.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 11 days ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. You stated the vehicle will not move while turning, correct? And this occurred before and after you rebuilt the T/case?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
car bot move while turning, after rebuild the transfer case ..2008 hummer h2
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 days ago.

are you still needing assistance?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
my prob is still there ..

the most common issues on the gm 4wd platform is the front differential actuator going bad. they unscrew from the differential. i would try removing the actuator and then seeing if you can turn and move. if you can the actuator is stuck in 4lo and will need to be replaced. note:: do not drive far just a very sort distance as removing the actuator will allow fluid to be able to spill and a small amount will come out when you removed the actuator.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
any pictures of the actuator ? of steps to check ..

give me a moment to find the best picture i can. you should be able to see it from underneath the front of the vehicle it is on top of the extension tube on the passenger side. has a square connector.

im finding conflicting pictures some show the spot for the actuator and some do not. do you have the production date for me?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
not really, the car in the workshop now, but fully loaded 2008 .

ok well im going to go with it doesnt have the front diff actuator. if you have replaced the encoder motor and it still have the same issue i would be inspecting the transfer case control module or the switch itself. at the shop is the vehicle on a side by lift?

you can also try a reflash of the tccm per gm bulletin 09-04-21-001 and a clutch reset procedure with a scan tool. the scan tool will walk you through the reset procedure but the reflash will need to be done via either the dealer or a local mobile computer flashing service if there is one in the area.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it's lifted now and i send the transfer to dealer ship to inspect it,
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they dod inspected by tech2 and other pro scanner, didn't show any transfer case code

there may be no code in the system the reflash is updated programming via gm. and the clutch reset procedure should be done anytime a t-case is rebuilt or the encoder motor is replaced.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i will update you tomorrow when i get news from the workshop, also i will ask them to re-flash the TCCM

ok sounds good.