Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I have a 1998 GMC G3500 Savanah 5.7V. It drives erratic,

Customer Question

I have a 1998 GMC G3500 Savanah 5.7V. It drives erratic, goes then cuts out then goes. Just replaced bad break lines and ABS comes on then goes off then comes on every few minutes. WHen I depress the brakes the engine revs longer but still cuts then revs again. I've replaced VSS, FMAT.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 22 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

Expert:  Joseph Book replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, are you still need assistance? I would definitely be able to help you. The engine is it revving up and down at idle or just while driving?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just while driving. I recently changed the PCM , which was programmed for VIN, and it stopped it. However it won't shift now. It seems to be stuck in 1st. I went through the security procedures and the security light goes off but it won't crank. There was a button installed that will get it to crank an start though. I don't know if it needs tech II or there is something else wrong.