EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I need a new engine for my 2008 GMC Acadia slt AWD, my

Customer Question

I need a new engine for my 2008 GMC Acadia slt AWD , my question is ; does it have to be a 3.6L V6 engine? Or can I buy another type of motor to fit.. Say like a 3.5L v6?
Category: GMC
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Hi. You do have to replace that engine with another 3.6L engine. The reason is the computer and controls are designed to work with that engine. Getting a different motor would be a completely custom job with different computers and wiring harness. Probably not worth it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does it have to be a V6?

Yes. Unfortunately it has to be the exact same engine. That is because all the electronics on the vehicle are specific for the the engine installed.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this. Also rate the assistance you received today and you can bookmark this page and come back to this chat for any follow ups. Thank you.

Thanks for letting me assist you. Unless you have any more questions on this, rate the service provided to help close out the question. Thank you.