Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

2007 yukon. Cylinder 2 and 3 show misfire counts all the

Customer Question

2007 yukon. Cylinder 2 and 3 show misfire counts all the time. Causing torque reduction light
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just pulled spark plug 4 and 3 out. NUmber 3 looked fine but number 4 was brown and crusty. Replaced plugs and ignition wires. Still misfiring. I checked and each cylinder has plenty of spark
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Torque Reduction light is on all the time and makes transmission shift hard
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1- Check the coils, swap them around and see if misfire move

2- injector on that cylinder ,is working , check power & ground , compare the power & ground to a cylinder injector not firing see if you getting same readings

3- compression check on that cylinder ?

4- vacum leaks on the intake manifold ?

do you have a scaner that can read sensors and show data stream, what is the fuel trim reading long term & short term

oxygen sensor readings the upstream ones

is the engine running open loop or closed loop on the scanner ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) AND WASTE YOUR MONEY ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue & you're not wasting your money.

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician