KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech
Experience:  HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORECTLY.
5629372

I remove the head and cams completely on 2002 2.2L Daewoo

Customer Question

i remove the head and cams completely on 2002 2.2L Daewoo Leganza. i needs to know how to position the cam sprockets and put them in time with the crank shaft completely from start to finish.
Category: GMC
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 2 months ago.

First thing you need to do is check the position of the cam gears as well as the crank gear. below you will find how the timing marks should be, but do not just jump in and set them. This is an interference engine and you do not want to bend the valves.

If the marks are not as shown in the diagrams, Turn the crank so the crank mark is at about 3 oclock, and then set the cam gears. Then you can turn the crank gear so the mark is at 6 oclock. Then you can put the timing belt back on.

Do you need any more help with this problem?