TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

Wipers only work on high,and i replaced the switch arm on

Customer Question

wipers only work on high,and i replaced the switch arm on the column
Category: GMC
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thank you for the question. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I'll do my best to get your answer in a timely fashion. How did this occur? Were you using the wipers one day and they stopped, or did you just turn them on one day and realized there is no low / delayed wiper operation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I bought it last week and it was like this

I see. This model vehicle has had issues in the past with both the switch and the cover. The cover houses the circuit board for the low speed / delay and washer operation. Since we know the switch is good, and the motor works since high speed operates correctly, we then can deduce the wiper module / cover assembly is the problem. Replace the cover and your problem will be fixed. I would also tell you to check the wiring connections at the cover first. If they look clean and tight, proceed with cover replacement. On some model years, you are not able to buy just the cover, you have to buy the whole motor assembly. Check with your local dealer to see if your cover is available. I am very confident this will fix your issue. Thanks again for the question and if you need further assistance, please let me know.