Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

2005 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 6.6 Diesel Need labor time AND

Customer Question

2005 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 6.6 DieselNeed labor time AND directions to change the water pump
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

IT takes 8.2 Hours to replace per Repair Manual

Parts Information OEM Part #Price

Water Pump

5 - Water Pump

Part # 97216136 $297.00

Contact Dealer for most current part and price information

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

C 8.2 Labor Hours

I will send you what I have on water pump r & r shortly

Water Pump Replacement (6.6L (LLY)) Removal Procedure

1. Remove the left wheelhouse inner panel. 2. Remove the thermostat housing crossover. 3. Remove the crankshaft balancer. 4. Remove the water pump to engine coolant pipe nuts. 5. Remove the engine wiring harness retainer from the inner stud.

6. Remove the water pump bolts. Note the location of the bolts. The bolts are three different lengths. 7. Remove the water pump. 8. Remove and discard the water pump O-ring and coolant pipe gasket. 9. If required, clean and inspect the water pump.

Installation Procedure

1. Lubricate the water pump O-ring with engine oil. 2. Install the engine coolant pipe gasket and water pump O-ring. 3. Install the water pump. Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems. 4. Install the water pump bolts. Ensure the correct length bolt is used in the proper location. Tighten Tighten the bolts to 21 N.m (15 lb ft).

5. Install the engine wiring harness retainer on the water pump outlet pipe inner stud. 6. Install the water pump to engine coolant pipe nuts. Tighten Tighten the nuts to 21 N.m (15 lb ft). 7. Install the thermostat housing crossover. 8. Install the crankshaft balancer. 9. Install the left wheelhouse inner panel.

Hope I was helpfull to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it ,Just reply back here & we can continue

If You Are Good Kindly Rate me

A 5 Stars Positive Rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)