Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years

2000 gmc sonoma push 4wd drive button light flashes 4wd

Customer Question

2000 gmc sonoma push 4wd drive button light flashes 4wd doesnt kickin the front drive line does not turn either. i do hear a clicking noise on passenger kick pannel
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: its not a mechanical metal on metal or grinding niose. its sounds almost like a relay clicking on and off but it only clicks when i press the 4wd button and stops after light on 4wd quits blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Sonoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: there is vacum to the three way plug on tcase. but there is never vacum to front differential acuator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no am i going to pay for this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

can you be sure the fuses called ATC in the under hood fuse box is good and the fuse called 4WD in the inside fuse box is good ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer