Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

The A/C on my 2002 Envoy does not blow cold air when the ext

Customer Question

The A/C on my 2002 Envoy does not blow cold air when the ext temp indicates less than 32F. Outside air temp gauge no longer registers correct temp. Hvac will blow cold air when temp is above 32F. Fault??
Category: GMC
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

HI Im David, you need to replace the outside air temp sensor for sure. no way the ac is going to wok if the computer thinks its that cold out.

you can reset the display manually by turning the ignition on, and then simultaneously pressing the MODE, FRONT DEFROST and REAR DEFROST switches. Otherwise, it will reset to the actual ambient temperature after you've driven a little bit. This is usually highway speed for a few miles, so that's why it may take your vehicle a bit longer to display it if you're just driving short distances or around town.

checking in to see how its going

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Replacing the temp sensor did solve the A/C problem. First had to locate and then access unit. Thanks
Expert:  david craig replied 21 days ago.

you're welcome. please accept the answer and leave a positive rating for me if oyu were satisfied with my assistance. thanks and have a great day

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert provided solution to HVAC problem but did not specify location of sensor. Rate a 7 out of 10
Expert:  david craig replied 20 days ago.

Hi, if you would have asked for the location or explained to me you didnt know where it was, i certainly would have provided that information. its part of my job. I am glad its fixed. you have to accept the answer on your side and then there isa rating system, i would really appreciate a 5 star rating. I did take care of the issue after all. thank you.

Expert:  david craig replied 17 days ago.

.....

Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 13 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

do you need more help with your A/C?