Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I believe the Passlock is engaged and when I try the method

Customer Question

I believe the Passlock is engaged and when I try the method of turning the ignition on and off as suggested the Security telltale goes off almost immediately so does not go 10minutes. What to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

If the security light goes off right away it is fine. What kind of problem are you having?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does not start. I get nothing when going to start
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a test light?

Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 month ago.

What kind of GMC do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't continue right now. Thanks