KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech
Experience:  HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORECTLY.
5629372

You helped me last week with my 2004 GMC YUKON DENALI 6.0,

Customer Question

I'm Dan. You helped me last week with my 2004 GMC YUKON DENALI 6.0, O2 sensor.
I believe I successfully wired the sensor, per your directions, and I at 1st I did get the P041 code reset. I drove the truck at least 125 miles but shortly into the drive the code came back. The code is joined on occasion by the P135 code, which appears to be similar. Also on my code reader it always says they 4 tests have not been successfully completed.
I read that I should check the engine ground and the fuses, which I will.
Assuming it is neither the ground or the fuses, is there something different that is preventing the code from resetting? Or not running through the 4 tests?
Catalytic converter, or anything else.
Of course the truck is running normal but I have been driving with a bad inspection sticker since it won't pass inspection with those code.
Category: GMC
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 2 months ago.

If the 02 sensors do not set there statis monitors correctly, the catalyst will not set, the evap is one that takes time. So you may not have driven it enough to get them all to set. We tested the power to the heated wire the other night, so we know it is not a bad fuse or wire. We also tested the ground I do believe. So if it still is not working correctly you may have a bad 02 sensor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I think I have another one I'll try to replace it again

Let me know hat happens after you replace it. You will need to clear the codes and drive it again to see if the code will come back or not. Once the 02 sensor reads correctly, the other statis monitors will set much faster.