Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Its throwing a p0088, p0089, p0101, p0116 and sounds like

Customer Question

its throwing a p0088, p0089, p0101, p0116 and sounds like its running on 4 cylinders. I was browsing the web because I remember a pin issue I had before causing a similar situation
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2003 sierra 3500 with a lb7
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. just a visual inspection.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Check and verify that the Fuel Pressure Regulator is connected. Also OHM test it to confirm the reading is 3.0 - 5.0 ohms.

Check the "ECMRPV" 15 amp fuse. There should be battery voltage at key on, engine off.

Check the air intake for a leak. Check the Mass Air Flow sensor grams/sec value with a scan tool. Should have 42-50 gram/sec at idle and over 420 gram/sec with the throttle at Wide Open Throttle. Check the Barometric Pressure sensor value with the key on, it should be near 100 KPA and close to 5.0 volts.

Monitor the ECT reading with a scan tool to see if it matches actual temp.

Let me know these results.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris