Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I have a 2003 Yukon Denail. The "traction device" sign comes

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Yukon Denail. The "traction device" sign comes on when accelerating from a stopped position. The gas is cut off whenI start to go until I take my foot off the gas pedal. I then hit the gas again and it re-engages. I have had the ABS sensors taken off and checked. Everything is clean and the codes do not show any problem. We removed the ABS sensors and the car drove fine. We put them back on and it started doing the same thing. The way the car is responding it is like it is protecting in Skid mode especially when I slow down and try and stop.
Suggestions
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

with it not acting up with the sensors out shows one or wiring to one of the sensors is showing a bad signal and telling the traction control to operate

as for which one it is with no codes is hard to nail down but 99 % of the time it is one of the front wheels

its best to have a shop plug in a scan tool and duplicate the issue then snap shot the scan tool then watch the freeze frame in slow frames to see which sensor signal is showing up wrong for that split second

once you know that and the hub and bearing has NO up and down play felt at all replace the sensor for that wheel is the wiring looks good and ohms out good if by a rare chance it still does this replace the hub/bearing assembly

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.