TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

My driver seat wont go backwards. it goes forward, up and

Customer Question

My driver seat wont go backwards.
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: it goes forward, up and down 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not sure as yet. No one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my check engine light is on as well. The mechanic that looked at it said its the transmission problem
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
Category: GMC
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thanks for your question. The seat not moving backward could be several things. This could be a seat issue, wiring issue going from the switch to the power seat motor, or a seat motor internal malfunction. The most common item that causes this issue is the switch. I would have it diagnosed at your local trusted garage or local GM dealer. As for the Service Engine Soon (SES) light that is on, if it's a transmission code, it'll have to be diagnosed and inspected by a certified driveline specialist. This light can come on for many many internal transmission issues. Unfortunately, there is no way to diagnose a transmission issue via the internet by having only a trans code - If you figure out a way to do that, let me know - we'll be rich!! Thank you so much for the inquiry and let me know if I can be of further assistance.