Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Well my truck sputters real bad when I give it gas

Customer Question

Well my truck sputters real bad when I give it gas moderately. Also when going down hill I let off the gas and it feels like it going to stall out. In the mornings not so bad but when afternoon gets around it worsens. I have changed the spark plugs and wires and changed both knock sensors and knock sensor wiring harness. I also changed the intake gasket also. One thing I did notice was when I took my throttle body off it sounded like there was marble inside of it when I would tilt it from one end to the other. Is that normal. I also cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body.
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: Not right after starting. It does idle a little rough though. Yes on the jerking but only at usually round 40 mph and higher.
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2003 gmc sierra 1500 z71
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Replaced knock sensors and wiring harness. New spark plugs and wires. I bought a chillton repair Manuel and it says to gap spark plugs at .060, but then I read it was suppose to be .040. Cleaned throttle body and MAf
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GMC
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh the abs light was on but I also changed the o2 sensor on drivers side before the cat. Conveter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry did not mean to opt out.

I would love to help but its difficult to describe through messages. I will send a request for a phone call. Its not just one call. Once you accept the call we can hang up and call back as much as we need to.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm at work still and am kinda buisy but can check my text
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! Different tech here. Did you still need help? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, so I just payed my money and didn't even get a answer. WTF?
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Ok no problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's it ? Did you get to read what I had told the other mechanic
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

yes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well do you have any ideas
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just 02 sensor on bank 1and 2 upstream. I already changed upstream on drivers side and it still shows a cde
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Is it a lean code? Can I get the code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Po300
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

And what about the o2 sensor code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't think of the o2 codes right off hand. They are p02 something
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

I need that code number and your VIN number please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok as soon as I can get them I'll send them. I'm still at work
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry it slipped my mind. The code reader was a Bosch and it read codes in different compartments like engine,transmission, oxygen sensor So there wasn't no code it just told me. My vin is 2GTEK19T131368117
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well this makes the 3rd mechanic I will have spoken to in the last 2 hours. And still no answer
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

I am pretty confident that you are not going to be happy no matter how much information I give you or how hard I try. I dont think I can help you either. I am very sorry and you can process a refund on your end. Good luck!