Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years

Getting 2 then 4 abs codes, brake shutters making abs jitter

Customer Question

Getting 2 then 4 abs codes, brake shutters making abs jitter noise, speedo dies and engine slowes when Brake and abs lights come on. I initially get codes c0237, c0267, if I keep driving then I get, c0225 and c0236 along with the 1st 2 codes. Is this the rear speed sensor at the transmission or possibly the wire leading to it or is this the ABS module or electronic control module or something else? And if so how would I diagnosis? And if it's because of the first two codes would then the next codes with the speed sensor come on because of the first problem? My car has 96435 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

those codes can be messy to go after to narrow this problem down

3 out of the 4 are wheel speed codes set and i have never seen all 3 go out or bad at the same time

now the 237 codes is interesting as it relates to the internals of the pump motors ground and powers

if the wiring looks good to the ABS module it is best to search online or call your local auto junk yard and pick up a complete ABS module assembly and install it into this vehicle as to find a new module and hydrolic unit would run well over $ 1000 easy

if you have any questions please ask as you can always get me back for FREE through this post any time with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

will it somewhat run on starting fluid being sprayed down the throttle body ?