Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My o6 gmc canyon is cutting off when slowing down or making

Customer Question

my o6 gmc canyon is cutting off when slowing down or making a turn. have replaced cam sensor and crankshaft sensor, new plugs and cleaned k&n filter.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Canyon?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I have replaced the plugs, have cleaned the k&n filter, have also replaced the cam sensor and the crankshaft sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point, not sure
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have any test equipment? It is best to determine what is happening when it quits, I Would suggest a fuel pressure gauge, a spark tester and an injector noid light.

Expert:  Toolhut replied 7 months ago.

Can you confirm that you do or do not have a lock on the dash when you turn the key on?

DO you have any test equipment? I would suggest a fuel pressure gauge, Spark tester and injector noid light.

Expert:  Toolhut replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you havent left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.