Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair

I've been told I need a new suspension module for my 2001

Customer Question

I've been told I need a new suspension module for my 2001 Yukon, ans I'm trying to find where it is located on the truck. We need to go to the junkyard to get one.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: It was horrible, but I had the front shocks replaced, and the compressor replaced. It's better, but my "Service Ride Control" message won't shut off. I still need to replace the rear shocks.
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We just want to replace the module ourselves. I actually had a conversion kit placed last week, but that didn't work. it's been one giant disaster after another since then. I wasn't planning on spending thousands of dollars on it. It has 267,000 miles on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. THanks.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Give me a minute to load in your vehicle and grab some info.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

The Suspenmsion Control Module is located inside the passenger's rear of vehicle to the right of the wheel well. For an image location view, click here:

Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please rate or accept!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find the suspension module? Were there any other question you had? Any other info I can provide to better assist? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.