Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

2006 gmc yukon denali.turn engine off ,radio comes back on

Customer Question

2006 gmc yukon denali.turn engine off ,radio comes back on ,and some times blower.Changed ignition switch seems to be slipping cogs on switch.One time I will feel pressure on ignition switch when started>sometimes it starts on second ignition spot outomatically.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: RADIO COMES BACK ON WHEN KEYS REMOVED RUS BATTERY DOWN OVERNIGHT
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: NO
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ignition switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GMC
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So if it did this with the old switch as well, then you have a lock cylinder or housing that's going bad. Dorman sells both. The housing number is *****
And lock cylinder is 924725.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny