sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 1995 GMC 2500 Cobra conversion van. I am having a

Customer Question

I have a 1995 GMC 2500 Cobra conversion van. I am having a problem with the security lock that shuts down the battery. I would like to know how to disconnect this system.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: yes, the battery is good, and it is not leaking
JA: What is the model of your '95 GMC?
Customer: 2500 Vandura
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have disconnected the black and white wire from the battery lock switch. The engine still won't start and the alarm horn blows when I try to start the engine.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no. there is a button on the dash to disable the system, but it will not stop it from going into alarm.
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

How the system will need to be disconnected depends on what it actually is and will require being able to physically identify the components of the system, disconnecting them and returning the connections to factory.

Do you know the brand and model of the system?