Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

Pulling codes P0300, C0035, C0055. Be 0090, U1016, B2610,

Customer Question

Pulling codes P0300, C0035, C0055. Be 0090, U1016, B2610, B1420, B2961, U1071Transmission shifting hard and acting funny. Brand-new Jasper transmission. 2006 GMC savanna 3500 4.8 L gas
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 2 months ago.

definitely need to look at the p0300 first as a misfire will cause a transmission to do bizarre things. Do you have acess to a scan tool to see which cylinder(s) is misfiring?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it was cylinders number 15 and six on the misfire dad a test. We just replaced the plugs and wires and will clear codes and recheck. Can you give me procedures on the ABS speed sensor check and resistance check while we wait please?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cylinder 1 5 6 on misfire counter

06should be an analog abs wss, so disconnect it and set your meter to acv then connect between pins on the sensor have someone spin it by hand and you should see 90-180mv

so is it still missing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Code is gone. Gonna test drive it now. The sensor ohmed at 1100 ohms, and MV AC were in spec. If the code comes back, might be the hub bearing. Gonna drive it now to see about transmission issues.

did you reset the shift adapts after replacing the tranny?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We did not replace the transmission , someone else did, but I can try this. How do I do it with my snap on solus tool?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I do that?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its still a misfire. P0300. Replaced wires, plugs. Misfiring on 4 cylinders now. Gonna replace coil packs I guess. Truck has 340k miles on it.

it should be in output controls if you scanner can. Yah first deal with the misfire though that can cause some crazy shifting, move the coils around and try

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced all of the coil packs and the engine is still misfiring on about five cylinders also replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires. Please advise
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still misfiring replaced all the ignition components pulling code P0171 and P0174 fuel system lean bank one and bank two. Still pulling P0300. Feels like transmission problems also like misfire. No transmission codes. I think it's an internal engine problem or should we check fuel pressure because of the lien codes?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cleared the transmission shift adaptation. Also I'm still getting c0035 for the left front wheel speed sensor fault. Checked everything on the sensor only thing left is to replace it voltage and resistance is good.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

sorry i was out o town over the weekend. You need intake gaskets. Pour a gallon of water down either side of the intake and see if the misfire worsens or steam from the exhaust, these are really common and 99% of the time the cause of lean codes.