Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 2010 GMC 2500 Diesel will not function in manual mode, it

Customer Question

My 2010 GMC 2500 Diesel will not function in manual mode, it is locked in M 1, Tow haul also is non functional.
What is that part be technically called?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you saying it up and down shifts fine in drive but in any manual gear it says in first?

Does the dash show you have changed the gears manually?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The dash says M 1 the manual shift doesn't work at all it's locked in low. Is the shift lever needing replacement or could it be a module, or is there a switch inside.
It drives fine in automatic mode.

Without doing diag with a scan tool or volt meter. The possible causes are the shift lever, BCM, TCM, p/N switch.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris