Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2004 Yukon Denali. I need to know where are the two

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Yukon Denali. I need to know where are the two ground wires located that will stop the "reduce engine power light from coming on.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

So you suspect that you have a bad ground causing the vehicle to enter reduced power mode? Are you getting any trouble codes? There are a number of grounds on this vehicle (depending on which engine option you have), any trouble codes that are stored might give us an idea which grounds to look at.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just need to know where the grounds are located, so I can check all of them. The engine is the standard engine put in on the 1500 models. my book does not list the engine size.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a doctor's apt. I will leave my PC on. I will return @14:00 hours.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

I can't find one diagram that shows all of the grounds (there are quite a few on this truck) but here are the grounds that control most of the engine and powertrain components:

Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional diagrams. It's safe to assume you aren't interested in turn signal, and other lighting system grounds?

Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Did you need any additional help with your vehicle? Please don't forge to rate if I have been of some assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been very busy with my Church responsibilities. It will be sometime next week before I can get back to that project. I don’t drive my Yukon on a daily basis. I use another vehicle.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Let me know if you need help.

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Good morning,

I just wanted to check and see if you need additional help with this. If not please don't forget to rate.